I’m going to commission a monster piece from Russ Nicholson, my favorite monster illustrator ever (yeah, I’m one of those Fiend Folio fans – I even like the flumph). The question is – what monster should I request? I’ve decided to let the readers of this blog make the decision for me. You will see below a description of five monsters – just leave a comment on this post with your choice or shoot me an email and in a week I’ll tally the results and see about making the commission.
1. Fiend: A scaly demon carrying a barbed spear and sticking out a long, wavy tongue.
2. Meagle: Stunted piskie, looks like a cross between a hedgehog and gnome with bat wings; carry nets woven from human hair.
3. Nine: Humanoid otter with four beady eyes; carries a long knife and/or sling; quaff mystic beer; extremely quick.
4. Eight-Headed Creeper: Weird creatures with eight jabberwocky-ish heads on long necks, clawed feet, long arms with long, nimble fingers and large, bat-like wings.
5. Bounder: Giant bipedal grasshoppers wielding military forks and chakram.
UPDATE – Interesting! After a day of voting, people have pretty much divided into the Meagle party and the 8-Headed Creeper party, with the Bounder showing up in the roll of the Libertarians. Keep the votes coming – I’ll collect them until next Sunday and then reveal the winner and request the commission.
10 thoughts on “PARS FORTUNA Monster Vote!”
Eight-Headed Creeper for the win!
Man, its a tough decision…count me in for 8-headed creeper, though.
I'm a fan of the Eight-Headed Creeper, because it has the mutant hydra sound to it. 🙂
Meagle I think, although Bounder is tempting.
True story: the Forlarren from the Fiend Folio, illustrated by Russ, originally started off in the White Dwarf “Fiend Factory” as … the Fiend.
Wheels within wheels …
I'm voting for the Meagle.
Throw me in for the Eight-headed Creeper, as well. The Bounder would be my second choice.
Bounder, am I weird for also liking the Nine??
Bounder, 'cause I'm a big fan of 500 Million Years to Earth.
Comments are closed.